Performs security and emergency/crisis response tasks and activities to proactively maintain the hospital campus and outreach community centers in a safe and secure environment. Interacts with employees, patients and guests with the highest levels of professionalism and customer service. Appearance standards and verbal skills are vital in creating confidence when interacting with the public.
1. Ability to ensure, through proactive techniques, the security and safety of all employees, patients and guests with the highest levels of professionalism and customer service in order to create the securest and safest environment possible
2. Ability to respond to a variety of emergencies/ crisis situations and provide the necessary intervention to restore normal conditions and begin treatment of injured persons
3. Proactively protects the health system’s facilities and assets in order to prevent damage and loss
4. Enforces compliance to the health system’s policies, practices and directives related to the safety and security of facilities, employees, patients and guests in order to ensure the safest and most secure environment
5. Adheres to federal, state, local and health system laws, regulations and ordinances to ensure compliance and good legal and ethical standings
A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement
1 year service within a security, law enforcement, military or public safety sector
State of Florida Class D Security License
Current State of Florida Driver’s License.
Obtain within 6 months and recertify annually CPR/First Aid, BLS, Physical Restraint Practical and Safe Driving Course. Obtain CPI within 6 months and recertify every two years.
Must be knowledgeable of security methods and practices, have public relations/ customer service experience with proven experience in responding to emergencies/ crisis situations
Must be able to complete the Biking Unit Tryouts to join the Biking Unit.
__X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of Fifty (50) pounds without assistance
__X__ Category 1: Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
Ability to walk, climb stairs, stand for up to 12 hours
Ability to assist in subduing and restraining combative persons
Works in outside elements/weather with potential unsafe conditions
**Healthcare Security Experience Preferred**