Branch HR - Recruitment/ Employee & Labor Relations
St. Moritz Security Services, Inc. (SMSSI) is a leading physical and virtual security provider in the U.S. Headquartered in the South Hills (Pittsburgh), SMSSI remains a privately held company and offers a professional and progressive environment wherein we expect all team members to 'make their mark' and make a difference every day!
SMSSI is seeking qualified applicants to serve in the primary HR support role for the Pittsburgh Regional Branch Office (Bldg 2, Gateway Center) as well as in a consultative supporting role for the other regional operations in OH and WV.
This position will provide creative recruitment solutions, professional employee engagement and comprehensive HR related administrative support to day-to-day operations of the Pittsburgh Regional Office. The Branch HR position will also provide technical research and support to the Corporate HR department including administration of job award process, receiving requests for FMLA and medical leaves of absence for employees, research of historical data, and HR support functions. In addition, this position will take the lead in researching and responding to labor relations issues and grievances, if they occur.
• Coordinate job advertisements, screen applications, arrange interviews, and participate in the selection process, including administering pre-employment drug tests, and contingency background checks as required.
• Prepare source documentation needed for new hires, or effective changes in pay, status, or benefits. Coordinate HR functions including accurate completion of new hire documents, i.e. form I-9, W4, WOTC, and other company related forms
• Follow up with employees or managers/supervisors regarding pending or incomplete HR documents
• Maintain employee file records up-to-date by handling changes in employee status (PT/FT, union, nonunion, termination) in timely manner. Process all regional new hires through the document management system
• Maintain on-call floater contact data, attendance records and assist with scheduling needs.
• Promote, administer and monitor new hire orientation programs and regional PSPA on-line programming
• Enter new hire, transfer and termination information into both ADP and Track Tik systems for Pittsburgh Regional union and non-union employees.
• Administer time & attendance on computer system, prepare files for payroll, check time cards/punches, enter data into the computer timekeeping system
• Approve and track all Pittsburgh union and non-union PTO /Vacation payments.
• Coordinate all branch insurance claims pertaining to employee injuries, property damage and liability with the corporate Risk Management Coordinator
• Follow up with site managers/supervisors on accident/incident claims, i.e. doctors notes, return to work status
• Respond to requests for unemployment insurance documents, ensuring timeliness.
• Manage sensitive and confidential matters like personnel relations, employee relations, and organizational changes, planning and protecting the security of information, data and files.
• Coordinate return to work assessments, fitness for duty assessments and confidential medical record maintenance as required by policy and/or client specifications. Define return to work status, including any restrictions.
• Route all requests for leaves of absence including medical and FMLA leave requests to Corporate HR.
• Exercise individual judgment while dealing with potential or real troubles on own initiative and bringing them to manager’s attention
• Interpret, assist and advise employees and managers regarding leave management and benefit administration, and HR procedures and policies within the specified guidelines.
Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred, with a preference for a specialization in Human Resources or related field. Masters in Labor Relations/ Industrial Relations a plus.
• 1+ years of experience in Payroll, Benefits, and/or HRIS preferred. Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred.
• Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
• Basic knowledge of general Human Resources practices including Wage and Hour Laws, and general Benefit Administration.
• Strong Familiarity with Word and Excel.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Able to take initiative, to be a self-starter, and to multi-task.
• Comfortable with quantitative functions.
• Knowledge of recruitment process.
• Competent keyboard skills to produce accurate and well-presented reports.
• Able to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets.
• Should be an effectual communicator verbally as well as through writing skills.
• Should be committed to diversity and equality culture.
• Capable of handling deadline pressures.
• Able to adjust rapidly to changing priorities.
• Professional demeanor to interface with employees and the public with diplomacy and tact.
• Able to handle employee records and materials in a secure and confidential manner and ensure the privacy and confidentiality of all employee information.
St. Moritz Security Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted 7 days ago