Immediate Openings for FT and PT DCJS Unarmed Security Officers in the Chesapeake area. Daylight shift and 3rd shifts available. Must be available weekends. Please apply online for consideration. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Security officers usually perform the following tasks under the direct supervision of their Supervisor or Manager. Conduct routine patrols of the site which they are assigned either by foot or patrol vehicle. Performs access control functions to the facility and or buildings. Protects client property and personnel as per the site standard operating procedures. JOB DUTIES
- Controls access to the facility insuring only authorized personnel are permitted on site.
- Maintain surveillance of the site to ensure the perimeter and or buildings remain secure.
- Monitors CCTV, Fire, & Security systems
- Conducts routine patrols and of the property to identify security risks, safety hazards, and maintenance issues
- Completes daily activity reports, Incident reports, and other mandated reports per the job assignment and post orders.
- Officers may provide escort details and perimeter fence checks as requested
- Other duties assigned as per the Standard operating procedures
- Must have a valid High School Diploma or GED
- State Licensing requirements apply
- Must have the ability to conduct extended foot patrols
- Must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Ability to prepare and Maintain accurate records and reports
- Ability to respond to emergency situations as per operating procedures
- Ability to hear & see in low light situations
- Ability to lift 20 pounds (specific site requirements may vary)
- Capable of working outside in extreme weather conditions
- Capable of comprehending site specific policies and standard operating procedures and the ability to implement such as needed.