Job Summary This job is no longer available.
This assignment is a FLOATER position
United American Security is recruiting for reliable Security Officers that enjoy a open schedule. Immediate hire if you qualify.
Pay Rates starting at $14.00 an hour with Paid Vacation & benefits
We take walk-ins for interviews/ hiring Monday through Friday between 9am - 3pm. (closed on holidays for interviews)
34-12 56th Street, Woodside (Queens), NY 11377
You can take the (M) or (R) train to the Northern Boulevard stop.
When you get off the train, walk east (opposite direct of the McDonalds, if you see it, go the other direction)
Make a right onto 56th Street off of Broadway: Our office is the first building on your right walking south of Broadway.
All Applicants MUST bring in the following documents (Nothing Expired):
1) NY STATE SECURITY GUARD LICENSE - you cannot be hired if it is still pending
2) STATE ISSUED IDENTIFICATION CARD (Example: NY DRIVERS LICENSE or PASSPORT)
3) SOCIAL SECURITY CARD- Required To verify your current standing with the NYS Guard Registry. If you have a Green Card, please also bring that in-case you get hired.
DIRECT DEPOSIT FORM ISSUED FROM BANK or BLANK/VOIDED CHECK- Only if you have a banking account, this is not mandatory, but will save you from having to come back with it upon hiring in order to take advantage of direct deposit. This will NOT be taken from you if you only come in for an interview and do not get hired.
OSHA & F-01 FIREGUARD is a PLUS
IMMEDIATE HIRE IF YOU QUALIFY!! BE PREPARED TO START RIGHT AWAY!!!!!
Why Build a Career with United American Security?
- Medical Plans(Four Plans to choose from), Dental (Humana), Vision (Humana), Short Term Disability(American Public Life) and Accident Coverage(AllState) Begins the first of the month after 60 days of employment for 30 or more hours per week positions.
- Paid Vacation after one year of employment for both full time and part time positions.
- Premium holiday pay
- Verizon Wireless discount on personal cell phone plans and products.
- Direct Deposit
- Internal Promotion opportunities
UAS is one of the country’s largest and best providers of uniformed security guard services. We have 25 offices throughout the Midwest, Mid Atlantic, South and Southwest and we employ 3,500 employees. We are expanding quickly and looking for new team members who are excited to help us in our mission to grow. JOB DESCRIPTION: Security officers will be performing security & customer service functions in this position. You must have excellent command of the English language as you will be dealing with Tourists from around the world. You may be required to Conduct routine patrols of the site which they are assigned either by foot or patrol vehicle. Performs access control functions to the facility and or buildings. Protects client property and personnel as per the site standard operating procedures. Implements emergency protocols and or drills as needed and or required. JOB DUTIES
- You must be able to be on call, and go to any site in your area. (Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens)
- You MUST BE DEPENDABLE.
- Controls access to the facility ensuring only authorized personnel are permitted on site.
- Maintain surveillance of the site to ensure the perimeter and or buildings remain secure.
- Monitors CCTV, Fire, & Security systems
- Conducts routine patrols and of the property to identify security risks, safety hazards, and maintenance issues
- Completes daily activity reports, Incident reports, and other mandated reports per the job assignment and post orders.
- Officers may provide escort details and perimeter fence checks as requested
- Other duties assigned as per the Standard operating procedures
- Must have a valid High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a NY State security guard license
- 8 & 16 Hour NY State training certificates
- Must bring in acceptable I9 identification
- Must have the ability to conduct extended foot patrols
- Must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Ability to prepare and Maintain accurate records and reports
- Ability to respond to emergency situations as per operating procedures
- Ability to hear & see in low light situations
- Ability to lift 20 pounds (specific site requirements may vary)
- Capable of working outside in extreme weather conditions
- Capable of comprehending site specific policies and standard operating procedures and the ability to implement such as needed.
HAVING YOUR F-04 FIREGUARD IS A PLUS !!!
United American Security LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including hiring, training, promotion, compensation and benefits. UAS is proud to hire military veterans.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format such as large print, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.