Join one of the fastest growing security companies in the U.S.! Since 1998, Sunstates Security has established a reputation for providing excellent customer service and quality work environments while being recently recognized as one of the top 25 largest security providers in America. At Sunstates Security, we're committed to hiring, developing and retaining a diverse and exceptionally qualified workforce. As a result, our employees are skilled, knowledgeable and dedicated to providing clients with flawless security service and the peace of mind that comes with it.
We work hard to recruit and to retain the best and the brightest people for each client and every site location. We instill in our employees the Sunstates promise to provide a safe, disciplined and friendly work environment with an opportunity for career advancement.
If you're searching for a career with challenging and rewarding opportunities, we invite you to explore the possibilities at Sunstates Security. As a proactive security partner for some of the country's leading companies and organizations, we provide careers for talented people to become part of a successful, growing company.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for providing leadership in the region to include operations, customer service, personal management, security & safety in accordance with Sunstates objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Training, developing and motivating supervisory staff to effectively oversee all day-to-day operations of the site security personnel.
• Overseeing the employee on-boarding process including new hire interviewing, selection of candidates, training and licensure and new hire paperwork.
• Training subordinate supervisors on software systems, procedural guidelines, Company policies and enforcing consistency in policy practice.
• Manage employee performance including appraising performance; administering reward and incentive programs; coaching and staff development initiatives; corrective actions. In all employment activities; will work with the appropriate supervisor to ensure that all decisions comply with company policy, federal and state regulations.
• Promote positive employee relations through meeting and developing a rapport with all internal & external customers, addressing complaints and resolving issues.
• Maintain records with the officers assigned to the site to assure full participation with the Sunstates Security LMS and training platform when applicable.
• Coordinate with the Regional Director to establish site goals & objectives and communicate these with the customer(s) and regional staff as required.
• Work with action plans towards goal achievement, including establishment of site and personnel quotas and/or goals.
• Coordinating operational functions including payroll and billing, accounts receivable aging, staffing, scheduling and personnel issues.
• Manage account inspections and the inspection scorecard to assure compliance and meet/exceed our commitment.
• Produce Quality Assurance checks through eHub to assure positive results.
• Ensure that you are able to response to questions for security personnel, response to site events, or have qualifies backup when you are not able to remain available.
Cost Control & Budgetary Responsibilities
• Ensure accounts remain consistently on budgetary and service related targets, be able to respond effectively to goal deficiencies and generate and implement action plans to remedy deficiencies and meet or exceed goals (overtime, turnover, uniform management).
Business Development & Customer Relations
• Foster a superior level of customer relations/service in order to ensure client retention and satisfaction.
• Promote Sunstates reputation of professionalism and ethics; and to create and expose new and existing opportunities and markets.
• Five (5) or more years of related experience and management in the contract security industry
• Excellent organizational, leadership, communication and time management skills
• Ability to qualify and be issued a security officer license in all areas under command
• Computer literacy in MS Office, experience with an electronic payroll system (preferably Team) and experience with an Applicant Tracking System (preferably Kwantek)
• Ability to travel and regularly visit all local site locations (knowledge of the area is required) and be available 24/7
Bachelor's Degree from 4 year college/university
Only candidates who meet our rigorous employment standards and who are excellent matches for open positions are invited to join our security team.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and supporter of our military veterans!
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Educational Assistance, 401k with employer match
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check