Become an integral part of our continued success! APG Security, one of the region's fastest growing security companies, is currently seeking an Operations Manager in Rhode Island.
Supervise and coordinate the delivery of quality security services in an assigned client portfolio.
Act as a liaison between client, APG Management and Security Officers. Manage staff, providing coaching, recognition and discipline under the direction of APG Management.
Manage and direct all operational, financial, administrative and staff activities in an assigned territory.
· Communicate staffing needs to the appropriate APG team members, assisting in identifying and interviewing quality candidates.
· Assure that officers receive appropriate training, developing them in both technical and professional skills; also includes performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations, recognition, etc.)
· Assist with the communication of policies, company announcements and job openings.
Enforcement of Contract Standards
· Help Management identify, meet and exceed the needs of the customer.
· Meet all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of non-billable overtime.
· Coordinate and/or conduct site-specific OJT, client specific training and annual refresher training for security personnel.
· Reconcile security logs against shift responsibilities and patrols; review incident reports prior to submitting to manager and coordinate preliminary investigations.
· Carry-out day-to-day functions in an often sensitive and hostile work environment.
· Perform account audits and off-hour visits, completing required documentation.
· Manage uniforms, equipment, supplies and vehicles (if any) utilized at the account, maintaining appropriate inventories and maintenance checklists.
· Utilize company systems for scheduling and billing, and to produce reports (such as Scheduling Activity, Training Detail reports, etc.) that require interpretation and action for effective business management.
· Enforce APG policies as outlined in the handbooks and executive memos.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience plus at least 2 years of general supervisory experience in the contract security services industry. In addition, we require the following skills:
· Proven track record of excellence in customer service and financial management (awards, top rankings, etc.)
· Superior interpersonal and communication skills as well as solid writing skills.
· Dedication to high quality customer service delivery and integrity through proven client and customer relationships.
· Proficient in web-based applications, computer systems and programs (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint), to effectively edit and create reports, database entries and presentation materials.
· Highly effective leader with the ability to build strong relationships internally with all levels of the organization and manage under difficult service delivery timeframes.
· Willingness to attend professional networking or community events in the evenings.
· Work with all levels in the organization to identify, analyze and solve problems and create opportunities for continuous improvement.
· Maintain confidentiality of all information and data.
· Keep records and prepare accurate and timely feedback / reports as required.
· Ability to deal with internal and external customers and perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely and professional manner.
· Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment while focused on results.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Equal Opportunity Employer
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 401K/403b Plan
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Education Verification, Employment Verification