Job Summary This job is no longer available.
HR Generalist- Entry
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Job Type
South Hills - Pittsburgh
JOB SUMMARY :
Provide support to our human resources & benefits administration staff. Perform transactions supporting employee data entry in HRIS, benefit programs, and HR policies/practices and compliance. Ensure high data standards on accuracy. Provide first line HR support to assigned offices ensuring the efficient delivery of line staff wage payments, adjustments, recruitment processes, and the accuracy of employee data records. Provide technical research and support to the Corporate HR department including receiving requests for FMLA and medical leaves of absence for employees, research of historical data, and performing division administrative support functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Regional HR Scope:
- Maintain employee file records up-to-date by handling changes in employee status in timely manner.
- Serve as initial contact for regional managers and administrator of assigned offices regarding HR related inquiries.
- Receive calls from (assigned) employees calling Corporate HR regarding employee relations issues/complaints.
- Prepare and post job advertisements, screening applications, and administering pre-employment tests as required.
- Respond to requests for unemployment insurance ensuring timeliness. Determines which documents are needed for unemployment appeal hearings and provides same. Coordinates scheduling for appeal hearings with witnesses/supervisors.
- Exercise individual judgment while dealing with potential or real troubles on own initiative, but reserving judgment and direction until reviewed with HR VP,or their absence, the Sr. HR Generalist.
- Interpret, assist and advise employees and managers regarding cooperative agreement applications, leave management and benefit administration, and HR procedures and policies within the specified guidelines.
- Conduct research, gathering data and statistical reports, and maintaining statistical information.
- Respond to unemployment claims and counsel managers on disciplinary documentation.
- Review and reconcile Form I9's
- Determine and/or confirm eligibility for all state or city mandated Paid Time Off plans
- Enter approved Vacation and Sick Leave in ADP
- Support Benefits Manager in researching enrollment information via ADP systems.
- Generate appropriate FMLA letters , deliver and copy region management. Track form receipts, and generate follow up letters. Maintain FMLA calendar.
- Respond to and comply with Medical Support Orders.
- Serve as an informed resource to provide first point of contact client service to St. Moritz employees over a wide array of benefits questions or directing them to appropriate Call Center, when in service.
- Reconcile and pay union dues and other fees
- ADP Payroll and HRB (Workforce Now) & ADP Reporting
- SEIU 32bj ESS
- Valiant and TrackTik
Experience and Skills:
- 6+ months of experience in Accounting, Payroll or Benefits administration
- 6+ months of experience working with HRIS or Accounting software
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred, with a preference for a specialization in HR or related field
- Experience with ADP payroll and WorkforceNow products preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including functions such as sum, count, pivot and lookup.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, including mail merge functions.
- Basic knowledge of general Human Resources practices including Wage and Hour Laws, and general Benefit Administration.
- Very detailed, and organized.
- Able to take initiative, to be a self-starter, and to multi-task
- Capable of handling deadline pressures.
- Able to adjust rapidly to changing priorities.
- Professional demeanor to interface with employees and the public with diplomacy and tact.
- Able to handle employee records and materials in a secure and confidential manner and ensure the privacy and confidentiality of all employee information.
Posted 22 days ago