QPS is looking for highly qualified Fire & Life Safety Director(s) for immediate open positions in Class A commercial office buildings throughout the city. We provide Professional working environments, competitive salary and excellent career potential.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and operating the fire alarm and elevator system panels.
- Primary point of contact for First Responders (FDNY/NYPD) for fire, non-fire and medical emergencies.
- Work closely with property management, security and building engineering staff.
- Ability to evaluate various serious incidents and take appropriate action.
- Make clear and articulate public address announcements, as required.
- Perform facility safety inspections and testing including monthly fire extinguisher and elevator fire service.
- Work with fire alarm vendors various. Plan fire and non-fire drills as per code. Update floor warden and brigade teams as needed.
- Document and escalate all incidents through the appropriate channels. Assist with Security Officer coverage as required.
- Must possess FSD Certificate Z-58, F-85 and/or F89.
- NYS Security License preferred but not mandatory.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 5 years of verifiable employment history.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Applicants without Z-58 or F85 certificates will not be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.50 to $22.00 /hour
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Fire & Life Safety Director experience do you have?
- How many years of Security experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Certficate of Fitness?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CPR/AED?
- Do you have the following license or certification: F-85/F-89?
- Do you have the following license or certification: OSHA 10?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Security Officer?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Z-59?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Are you in New York, NY?